The AGM 2022 of the SDL Forum Society was held on Tuesday October 25 at 10:30 am (Montreal, Canada, local time). Members of the society could attend the meeting virtually using Zoom.
The business of the meeting was as follows:
- To approve the minutes of the previous AGM;
- To receive and adopt the report of the Board and the statement of accounts for the year;
- To discuss the future operation of the society and consider ending its existence;
- To elect the Board for the coming year if necessary;
- To elect the auditors for the coming year if necessary;
- To consider any proposed resolutions from the Board or members for operation of the Society in future, including (but not limited to) Society Events, standardisation work, member benefits and subscriptions.
The following candidates were nominated for the board election:
- Chairperson: Emmanuel Gaudin;
- Treasurer: Amardeo Sarma;
- Secretary: Rick Reed.
"If elected as the Board, they intend to review the operation of the Society with objectives:
- Increase the interest (particularly of academics) in the Specification and Description Language;
- Boost the SAM conference;
- Investigate publishing SAM conference results in an Open Access journal;
- Consider customisation of the Specification and Description Language to different needs;
- Consider marketing operations of the Society;
- Improve the website, such as adding tutorials and materials that the members can share.“
November 17, 2022