The Annual General Meeting 2019 of the SDL Forum Society was held during the SAM conference, at the Holiday Inn, Munich, Germany, Monday, September 16, 2019 at 16:00 to 17:00.
The business of the meeting was as follows:
- To approve the minutes of the previous AGM;
- To receive and adopt the report of the Board and the statement of accounts for the year;
- To elect the Board for the coming year;
- To elect the auditors for the coming year;
- To discuss the future operation of the Society;
- To consider any proposed resolutions from the Board or members for operation of the Society in future, including (but not limited to) Society Events, standardisation work, member benefits and subscriptions.
The following candidates were nominated for Board election and were duly elected:
- Chairman – Daniel Amyot, University of Ottawa, Canada;
- Treasurer – Reinhard Gotzhein, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany;
- Secretary – Ferhat Khendek, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada.
It was agreed to organize SAM 2020 in co-location with MODELS 2020 in Montreal. with Abdelouahed Gherbi and Abdelwahab Hamou-Lhadj as co-chairs, and the Board was authorised to sort out publication issues.
It was resolved that in recognition of the years of service as Chairman of the Society, the Society resolves that the retiring Chairman, Prof. Reinhard Gotzhein, no longer has to pay annual membership fee to remain a Member of the Society.
November 6, 2019