The Annual General Meeting 2018 of the SDL Forum Society was held during the SAM2018 conference in Copenhagen, Denmark from 16:00 to 17:52 on October 15, 2018. The meeting was held IT University of Copenhagen, Rued Langgaards Vej 7, 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark.
The business of the meeting was as follows:
- To approve the minutes of the previous AGM;
- To receive and adopt the report of the Board and the statement of accounts for the year;
- To elect the Board for the coming year;
- To elect the auditors for the coming year;
- To discuss the future operation of the Society;
- To consider any proposed resolutions from the Board or members for operation of the Society in future, including (but not limited to) Society Events, standardisation work, member benefits and subscriptions.
The existing Board were nominated as candidates for the Board election. There were no other nominations and the Board was re-elected. The 2018-2019 Board is therefore::
- Chairman - Reinhard Gotzhein, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany;
- Treasurer – Jens Grabowski, University of Göttingen, Germany;
- Secretary – Ferhat Khendek, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada.
The following issues were considered and discussed by the meeting:
- The Society Event for 2019: it was agreed to continue co-location and collaboration with MODELS if possible and (the Board) to investigate holding a SAM2019 with MODELS 2019: alternatively if this is not practical the a stand-alone event may be held in Barcelona in 2019;
- Name for future events: it was considered to refocus Society objectives, hold SAM annually and discontinue SDL Forum as an event title.
November 9, 2018