The business of the meeting was as follows:
- To approve the minutes of the previous AGM;
- To receive and adopt the report of the Board and the statement of accounts for the year;
- To elect the auditors for the coming year;
- To discuss the future operation of the Society including (but not limited to) Society Events, standardisation work, member benefits and subscriptions;
- Consider an extraordinary resolution concerning candidates for the Board election.
- To elect the Board for the coming year.
It was agreed at the meeting to start planning for SDL2013 to be held in Montréal, Canada.
As announced at the AGM in 2011, Rick Reed retired from being Chairman. No additional nominations for the Board had been received 7 weeks prior to the AGM 2012, so the 2011-2012 Board proposed an extraordinary resolution to allow later nominations which was accepted and the 2011-2012 Board nominated:
- Chairman - Reinhard Gothein <gotzhein(a)informatik.uni-kl.de>
- Treasurer - Martin von Löwis <mvon_loewis(a)beuth-hochschule.de>
- Secretary - Ferhat Khedek <khendek(a)ece.concordia.ca>
These nominees were elected. The 2012-2013 Board is as above.
Other matters discussed are covered in the minutes of the meeting (available to members only).
R. Reed as retired Chairman
4 Oct 2012