- Approve the minutes of the previous AGM;
- To receive and adopt the report of the Board and the statement of accounts for the year;
- To elect the Board for the coming year;
- To consider any proposed resolutions from the Board or members for changes in operation of the Society in future, including (but not limited to) Society Events, standardisation work, member benefits and subscriptions.
The 2007-2008 Board was nominated for election and as there were no other nominations this Board was re-elected.
The 2008-2009 Board is therefore:
- Chairman - Rick Reed, TSE, UK.
- Treasurer - Martin von Löwis of Menar, Hasso-Plattner-Institut, Potsdam University, Germany.
- Secretary - Reinhard Gotzhein, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany.
The meeting accepted a proposal from Telelogic an IBM Company to organize the SDL Forum in 2009 at Ruhr University in Bochum was received, with the organizers being Professor Attila Bilgic (Director of the communications lab at Ruhr University) and Irv Badr of Telelogic.
Other matters discussed are covered in the minutes of the meeting (available to members only).
07 January 2009