The Annual General Meeting of the the SDL Forum Society was held at the ENST, Paris, France on 21 September 2007 during the SDL2007 event. The business of the meeting was as follows:
- Approve the minutes of the previous AGM;
- To receive and adopt the report of the Board and the statement of accounts for the year;
- To elect the Board for the coming year;
- To consider any proposed resolutions from the Board or members for changes in operation of the Society in future, including (but not limited to) Society Events, standardisation work, member benefits and subscriptions.
No other business was raised.
The 2006-2007 Board nominated Rick Reed, Martin von Löwis of Menar and Reinhard Gotzhein for election and as there were no other nominations this Board was elected.
The current Board is therefore:
- Chairman - Rick Reed, TSE, UK.
- Treasurer - Martin von Löwis of Menar, Hasso-Plattner-Institut, Potsdam University, Germany.
- Secretary - Reinhard Gotzhein, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany.
There were no proposals to hold a SAM workshop in 2008, but is was agreed that Board should decide whether organise a workshop or some other event.
Other matters discussed are covered in the minutes of the meeting(available to members only).
02 October 2007