Re: SDL-News: (no subject)

Subject: Re: SDL-News: (no subject)
From: Paul Herber (paul#pherber.com)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 15:38:54 GMT

-----From Paul Herber <paul#pherber.com> to sdlnews -----

At 09:43 23/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear All
>
>I was under the impression that a system could be specified in such a way
>that a signal could act upon a system when in different states without
>there being any conflict. I have this situation but the states in question
>are on different pages of the diagram. When I bring the sets of diagrams
>together so that I can represent the system on one page the compiler
>complains of the same signal being represented twice. Is there some way
>that I can overcome this without having to resort name changes?
>
>I must say, after this experience my confidence in my understanding of SDL
>has taken a knock.

Hi Keith,
I'll take a guess that you have defined the signals independently within
each process. Redefine the signal at the next highest level (block or
system) and define channels to carry the signals to those processes.
HTH.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Paul Herber Systems Ltd.      paul#pherber.com
http://www.pherber.com

--End text from Paul Herber <paul#pherber.com> to sdlnews --- For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>