RE: SDL-News: On implementations

Subject: RE: SDL-News: On implementations
From: Yoni Rabinovich (YRABINOV#teledata.co.il)
Date: Fri Aug 13 1999 - 08:48:31 GMT

-----From Yoni Rabinovich <YRABINOV#teledata.co.il> to sdlnews -----

Hi Flavio,

   I developed a fairly large telecom application a few years ago with
Telelogic's SDT (the SDL core of TAU).
The way we handled issues like those you raise were by using the
"environment" functions (xInEnv, xOutEnv etc.)

   The xInEnv function is called as part of the main loop of the SDT
scheduler. Our SDT application ran on top of the pSOS Real Time OS, as a
pSOS task (thread). External applications generated pSOS events when they
wanted to pass data to the SDL system. The SDT main loop would check for
such events in xInEnv, and translate them into SDL signals sent into the
system. We designed it such that the SDL system would not block waiting for
inputs from the external applications, so as not to block the SDL system
itself. On the other hand, the SDT task would "go to sleep" if there was
nothing for it to do (i.e. no internal SDL signals or timers or external
events pending).

    Regards,

Yoni Rabinovitch
R&D Team Leader
ADC Teledata Communications
7 Ha'sadnaot St, Hertzlia, 46120, Israel
email: yrabinov#teledata.co.il
Phone: +972-9-9591741