Re: SDL-News: On implementations

Subject: Re: SDL-News: On implementations
From: Vibhor Agarwal (vibhor#lucent.com)
Date: Fri Aug 13 1999 - 04:45:15 GMT

-----From Vibhor Agarwal <vibhor#lucent.com> to sdlnews -----

Hi Flavio,

I think this would be a good forum to discuss the kind of queries you have put.
To supplement what you have written, I think we should finally be able to map our blocks and processes according
to our requirements. I am using Object Geode and the POSIX run-time library suppports multi-threading. This
middleware of database access could be a block/process and can interface with database. This block/process can
be mapped to a task which will finally run as a thread of our main unix process.
In my application, I have directly integrated database calls in SDL which according to your argument might not
be a good idea because of time taken for database access...we can see the performance and if needed create a
middleware thread as you have talked about.

I would be delighted to see some people who are using Object Geode and are also interested in discussing
implementaion details on this list.

Regards,
Vibhor

-----End text from Vibhor Agarwal <vibhor#lucent.com> to sdlnews -----