RE: SDL-News: connections

Subject: RE: SDL-News: connections
From: Flávio J. Moritz Jr. (flavio.moritz#digitro.com.br)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 12:49:08 GMT

-----From "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Fl=E1vio_J._Moritz_Jr.?=" <flavio.moritz#digitro.com.br> to sdlnews -----

Need not to be confused, my friend.
By writing your question, you have already answered it.
In order to have an arriving signal, someone has to send it.
A signal is sent VIA communications paths TO a receiving process instance.
So, the sender specifies who is going to receive it and how.
Nobody guesses anything.
There is an exception, however.
If there's only one possible receiver and one possible path then there is no
need to specify VIA and TO.
I'm sorry, I didn't understand the last part. What do you mean by:

> Can a signal be sent "back", i.e. if it arrived from one of internal
> channels, are internal channels considered among possible routes?

[]'s Flávio Moritz

"The chase is better than the catch."

-----End text from "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Fl=E1vio_J._Moritz_Jr.?=" <flavio.moritz#digitro.com.br> to sdlnews -----