SDL-News: connections

Subject: SDL-News: connections
From: mitia (mitia#iname.com)
Date: Wed Jul 14 1999 - 10:23:10 GMT

-----From mitia <mitia#iname.com> to sdlnews -----

Dear SDL experts,

  I am a bit confused with connections in SDL. Suppose a connection
  (in a block) has a set of internal & external channels, connected to
  it. What happens if a signal arrives, that can be sent via several
  channels? Is it sent randomly via one of them or duplicated for
  each one?
  Do we consider recipient's location at this point, i.e. does the
  connection "know" which way it should send signals for each process
  in system?
  Can a signal be sent "back", i.e. if it arrived from one of internal
  channels, are internal channels considered among possible routes?

Thank you in advance,
  Dmitri

-----End text from mitia <mitia#iname.com> to sdlnews -----
Join http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm for extra SDL Forum Society benefits
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org