Re: SDL-News: Unions

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Unions
From: Martin von Loewis (loewis#informatik.hu-berlin.de)
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 16:09:18 GMT

-----From Martin von Loewis <loewis#informatik.hu-berlin.de> to sdlnews -----

> I realise unions are not supported by SDL but can't they be specified as an
> Abstract Data Type and if so does anyone know where this has been done that
> I can cut and paste from as I'm not sure I'd like to go through the
> rigmarole of defining operations and axioms etc....

One approach would be to use ASN.1 CHOICEs, and then use the
combination of SDL and ASN.1 (Z.105). This also explains how to write
the proper SDL newtypes.

The next revision of SDL (SDL-2000) will offer built-in union types.

Hope this helps,
Martin

-----End text from Martin von Loewis <loewis#informatik.hu-berlin.de> to sdlnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org