RE: SDL-News: Unions

Subject: RE: SDL-News: Unions
From: DUBOIS Fabrice CNET/DTL/LAN (fabrice.dubois#cnet.francetelecom.fr)
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 16:05:47 GMT

-----From DUBOIS Fabrice CNET/DTL/LAN <fabrice.dubois#cnet.francetelecom.fr> to sdlnews -----

You'd probably like to use ASN.1 "CHOICES".
As you might know, the ASN.1 standard notation is (partially) integrated to
SDL.
The semantics of CHOICE in ASN.1 is very close to union, actually.
Are you familiar with ASN.1 ?

> ----------
> De : joanna.archer#bt.com[SMTP:joanna.archer#bt.com]
> Répondre à : joanna.archer#bt.com
> Date : jeudi 15 avril 1999 17:38
> A : sdlnews#sdl-forum.org
> Objet : SDL-news: Unions
>
> The originator of this message is responsible for its content.
> -----From joanna.archer#bt.com to sdlnews -----
>
> I realise unions are not supported by SDL but can't they be specified as
> an
> Abstract Data Type and if so does anyone know where this has been done
> that
> I can cut and paste from as I'm not sure I'd like to go through the
> rigmarole of defining operations and axioms etc....
>
> Jo
>
> -----End text from joanna.archer#bt.com to sdlnews -----
> For help, email "majordomo#sdl-forum.org" with the body of your email as:
> help
> or (iff this does not answer your question) email:
> owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org

-----End text from DUBOIS Fabrice CNET/DTL/LAN <fabrice.dubois#cnet.francetelecom.fr> to sdlnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org