Re: SDL-News: Context Parameters

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Context Parameters
From: Englebert francois (englebert#pc.paris.verilog.fr)
Date: Tue Dec 08 1998 - 13:36:46 GMT

-----From "Englebert francois" <englebert#pc.paris.verilog.fr> to sdlnews -----

Dear Mr. Dagbjorn Nogva,

I'd like here to inform SDL users interested in using context
parameters that the latest version of the ObjectGEODE tool-set from
VERILOG does fully support this construct, including debugging,
simulation and code generation modules. This new version, featuring
many other enhancements, has already been shipped to some major
customers.

If one could find that the gap between standardization work and tool
support is sometimes too long, I believe we, as a tool vendor, are
heavily investing to develop and also promote the SDL language.
Although it is a complex task to simultaneously provide access to
latest high-end concepts and tool stability required by organizations
using SDL on a large scale, we try to meet this challenge with
ObjectGEODE.

Hope this complements the answers to the original question.

Francois Englebert

> Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 07:52:00 +0100
> From: Dagbjorn Nogva <Dagbjorn.Nogva#ericsson.no>
> To: M T Chan <csmtchan#cityu.edu.hk>
> Cc: "'sdlnews#sdl-forum.org'" <sdlnews#sdl-forum.org>
> Subject: Re: SDL-news: Context Parameters
>
> The originator of this message is responsible for its content.
> -----From Dagbjorn Nogva <Dagbjorn.Nogva#ericsson.no> to sdlnews -----
>
> Dear M T Chan,
>
> You are looking for applications in real-life projects using context parameters
> in SDL specifications. I guess there is little to find, since the tool support,
> as you point out, is very poor. It's a big shame that major tool vendors still
> don't support context parameters six years after the standard (SDL-92) was
> released. So without code generation support in particular, it's not straightforward
> to apply context parameters in system implementations.
>
> With regard to literature the most comprehensive explanation of context
> parameters you will find in the textbook "Systems Engineering Using SDL-92",
> A. Olsen, O. Feergemand, B. Mcller-Pedersen, R. Reed and J. R. W. Smith>

---
Francois Englebert
Product Manager
VERILOG SA
52, Av. Aristide Briand
92220 Bagneux - France -
Tel: 33 (0)1 45 36 57 09 - Fax: 33 (0)1 46 65 77 38
email: englebert#verilog.fr
Web: http://www.verilogusa.com

-----End text from "Englebert francois" <englebert#pc.paris.verilog.fr> to sdlnews ----- For help, email "majordomo#sdl-forum.org" with the body of your email as: help or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org