Re: SDL-News: Looking for an SDL-based case study! (fwd)

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Looking for an SDL-based case study! (fwd)
From: Oystein Haugen (etooha#eto.ericsson.se)
Date: Wed Oct 01 1997 - 07:53:59 GMT

-----From Oystein Haugen <etooha#eto.ericsson.se> to sdlnews -----

> Hi,
>
> I am conducting research on optimizing the performance of SDL-based
> distributed systems design. As part of my project, I need to apply the
> optimization techniques to some case studies.
>
> I would appreciate it very much if somebody help me in finding some
> case studies to apply my optimization strategy on.
>
> Best regards.
>
> -- Hesham El-Sayed
> PhD. candidate.
> Dept. of systems and computer eng.
> Carleton University
> Ottawa, Canada.

  As a start, may I suggest that you consider the model used as a base
for the tutorial (Track A) in SDL Forum 1997 just finished in Paris.
Please contact SDl Forum Society Chairman Yair Lahav
<Yair.Lahav#ecitele.com> for details about getting the model which is
the property of the SDL Forum Society.

The model is a small office exchange, but it includes the use of a
number of the SDL-92 features such as remote procedures, inheritance and
virtuality.

Yours
Oystein Haugen

--
Oystein Haugen, Ericsson as. , P.O. box 34, N-1361 Billingstad, Norway

-----End text from Oystein Haugen <etooha#eto.ericsson.se> to sdlnews ----- For help, email "majordomo#sdl-forum.org" with the body of your email as: help or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org