Re: SDL-News: How to obtain PId of a SDL process in C programme

Subject: Re: SDL-News: How to obtain PId of a SDL process in C programme
From: Rick Reed TSE (rickreed#tseng.co.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 14:56:20 GMT

-----From Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews -----

Forwardedubmission from address not on the list - forwarded by
From: doldi.laurent#tmso-systems.com

Hi,

Specifying the tool used would help, as the interface between SDL and
generated C is not standard, naturally.

Best regards,
Laurent.

Laurent DOLDI
New book: UML 2 Illustrated (Oct. 2003)
see http://www.tmso-systems.com
TransMeth Sud-Ouest
27, av. Segoffin 31400 TOULOUSE FRANCE
Tel.: +33 5 61 25 59 54 Fax: +33 5 61 25 82 17
Mobile: +33 6 80 26 62 31

 At 14:41 08/04/2004, you wrote:
> -----From "luyang" <luy#atm.mdc.tsinghua.edu.cn> to sdlnews -----
>
> I've solved the problem by use of the function xFindReceiver. I wonder
> whether there's other solutions to this problem.
>
> -----From "luyang" <luy#atm.mdc.tsinghua.edu.cn> to sdlnews -----
>
> Hi,dear members,
>
> I am new I met some difficulties when i want to obtain the PId of
> a SDL process in my C programme.Because this process is created
> dynamically when the main process receives a specific signal. So i can't
> use PId_Lit to get it at the beginning.I tried to define it as an
> external unsigned long variable in C and a SDL_PId variable in SDL using
> SYNONYM syntax,but i can't pass the PId "self" to the C variable.
> How can I manage it? Thanks a lot.
>

> --End text from "luyang" <luy#atm.mdc.tsinghua.edu.cn> to sdlnews ---

--End text from Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>