RE: SDL-News: Modelling of unreliable transmission medium in Tau SDT

Subject: RE: SDL-News: Modelling of unreliable transmission medium in Tau SDT
michael.andersson#telelogic.com
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 17:56:45 GMT

-----From michael.andersson#telelogic.com to sdlnews -----

Hi Allan,

try

Options1 / State Space: Input Port Length...
  or the textual command
Define-Max-Input-Port-Length

it is by default set to three.

  Command : help define-max-input-port-length
  Define-Max-Input-Port-Length <Number>
  Define the maximum length of the input port queues. If this length
  is exceeded during state space exploration a report will be generated.

Another thing you might want to try out is to continue the exploration after
a problem/report.

For example: if you want to see how the system behaves after a signal is
lost (because of a full input port) you have to set:
  Define-Report-Continue MaxQueueLength
Otherwise the Validator will prune the execution at the point where the
report is generated.

Another way to model the packet-loss situation would be to only use your
packet signals (and not model the unreliability with spontaneous
transitions). To be able to feed signals "faster than the system expects"
yuo would have to model the sender side in the SDL system as well. Then you
could take advantage of using a limited input port in order to achieve
packet loss. In this case you would have to define that the Validator should
continue after the MaxQueueLength report in order to reach behaviour beyond
this point.

regards
Michael

----------
Telelogic Tau Generation 2 - Development Visualized. Productivity Realized.
Learn more about Telelogic's new software development solution at
http://www.taug2.com

Michael Andersson <mailto:michael.andersson#telelogic.com>
Field Application Engineer Phone: +46 40 17 47 00
Telelogic Direct: +46 40 17 47 65
P.O. Box 4128 Mobile: +46 705 17 47 65
SE 203 12 MALMO Fax: +46 40 17 47 47
Sweden <http://www.telelogic.com>

Telelogic - Automating the development lifecycle

--End text from michael.andersson#telelogic.com to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>