SDL-News: Modelling of unreliable transmission medium in Tau SDT

Subject: SDL-News: Modelling of unreliable transmission medium in Tau SDT
From: Allan Weber (awmi00#control.auc.dk)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 16:19:31 GMT

-----From Allan Weber <awmi00#control.auc.dk> to sdlnews -----

Hi.

We are trying to model an unreliable medium in Tau SDT in order to to
see how our protocol handles packetloss.
However, we are facing some problems. We have tried to use both
"none"-input and signals from the environment to issue a packetloss in
our model of the medium. Both methods dont seem to fullfill our needs.
If the priorities of environment and none signals are at their default
values in the validator, a packetloss is only issued if the queue is
empty, which is not desireable. If we set all priorities to the same
value, the validator generates reports saying that the max queue length
has been exceeded.

Is there any way to avoid the max queue length exceeded "error", or
possible som better way to model out medium??

Best regards,

Allan Weber

--End text from Allan Weber <awmi00#control.auc.dk> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>