RE: SDL-News: state machine

Subject: RE: SDL-News: state machine
From: Y Giridhar Appaji Nag (Giridhar.Nag#ubinetics.co.in)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 06:43:04 GMT

-----From Y Giridhar Appaji Nag <Giridhar.Nag#ubinetics.co.in> to sdlnews -----

> -----From Rubio Maria Victoria-MVRUBIO1
> <M.Rubio#motorola.com> to sdlnews -----
>
> if my system, which is implemented using an Object
> Orientation design methodology, doesn't based on state
> machines, is the SDL design different?.

Object oriented SDL is almost the same as 'ordinary' SDL. Your
states, transitions and tasks also remain the same But there'd
be a few changes due to use of OO constructs.

If you were deriving process types, you will also have virtual
transitions (identified by specifying that a input signal being
virtual). This is just one advantage/difference.

> i mean that my classes are processes,

Your class would probably map onto a SDL Process Type which can
be instantiated inside a block.

> the interaction between
> processes (that is represented by a block) is the interchange
> of comunication between classes?.

> how can i represent o reflect this(comunication between
> classes)?, how can i identify channels and signals?

Apart from channels, routes and signals, you will also need to
use "Gates" in SDL.

> victoria.

-hope this helps,
Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag
If the same point is made twice by yganag[at]yah0o<d0t>c0m the same person, the thread is over.