SV: SDL-News: Stacks in SDL

Subject: SV: SDL-News: Stacks in SDL
From: Anders Olsen (consult#cinderella.dk)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 13:27:39 GMT

-----From "Anders Olsen" <consult#cinderella.dk> to sdlnews -----

Dear Garth
Looking at the SDL news list, I just noticed that there were replies saying
that
C code is needed for defining a stack.
Actually, defining a stack in SDL-96 is very easy and requires only a few
lines of PR
as shown below.

Regards Anders
Cinderella ApS
www.cinderella.dk

---------------------------------------
newtype Stack<newtype Elementtype>
 String(Elementtype,emptyStack);
adding
 operators
 Push : Elementtype, Stack -> Stack;
 Top : Stack -> Elementtype;
 Pop : Stack -> Stack;
operator Push; fpar e Elementtype, s Stack returns Stack;
  start;
  return Mkstring(e) // s;
endoperator;
operator Top; fpar s Stack returns Elementtype;
  start;
  return s(1);
endoperator;
operator Pop; fpar s Stack returns Stack;
  start;
  return Substring(s,2,Length(s)-1);
endoperator;
endnewtype;

or (iff this does not answer your question) email:
owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org

--End text from "Anders Olsen" <consult#cinderella.dk> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>