Re: SDL-News: Stacks in SDL

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Stacks in SDL
From: Garth Watney (Garth.J.Watney#jpl.nasa.gov)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 18:05:47 GMT

At 06:50 PM 2/14/2001 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi Garth,
>
>I don' t believe SDL manage directly any stack. You must include your own
>C code according to
>the tools used for code generation.
>What tools do you use for code generation ?
>
>personally, i' m using " Tau SDL Suite 4.1.3 " ( Telelogic) and i can
>include inside a SDL
>task (graphical or textual) the following code:
>
>/*##CODE pushf; */
>
>To summarise , Tau SDL Suite tool is an SDL(+MSC) editor with code
>generator dealing with
>light and tight ( preemptive ) integration for embedded processors like
>ARM7,9 ; PPC ; Intel ... functioning under RTOS chorus, VrtX, VxWorks ...
>The main interest of our tool is to have an simulator/validator allowing
>above all a code
>exhaustive exploration ( graphics).
>

> Best regards.
>
>david CHAMEREAU
>Telelogic Consultant

Hi David,

Thanks for your response.

I'm using the Tau SDL tool suite version 4.0. Currently I'm building an
SDL-only application that I will run with the Verifier tool. For the final
application I'l be running on a PPC with the VxWorks OS.

To implement a stack class I was thinking of 3 options:
         1) Using the SDL graphics notation
         2) Using the SDL text notation
         3) Using C code

What do you think?

Thanks
[...]

--End text from Garth Watney to sdlnews --- For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at