Re: SDL-News: Contionuous Signal and ADT

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Contionuous Signal and ADT
From: Rick Reed TSE (rickreed#tseng.co.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 15:56:56 GMT

-----From Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews -----

Ralf Muenzenberger at Ralf.Muenzenberger#informatik.uni-erlangen.de wrote
on 01/09/2000 14:32:

> To use operators alogrithmically defined in enabling conditions and
> continuous signals is for
> special issues very powerful. A solution can be to define a new kind of
> procedures (e.g. called
> functions) and map the operators to this. The "functions" haven't a FSM and
> can not consume
> signales, but have the operator functionality.

I do not understand the difference between your proposed "function" and an
OPERATOR as defined by SDL. An OPERATOR cannot have internal signal
consumption.

SDL-2000 allows OPERATORS to be called in this context.

The possible side effects that I referred to arise from the the data OBJECT
concept in SDL-2000.

--
Rick Reed - rickreed#tseng.co.uk
Tel:+44 1455 55 96 55 Fax:+44 1455 55 96 58 Mob.:+44 7970 50 96 50

-----End text from Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews ----- For extra SDL Forum Society benefits, join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>