SDL-News: How is Nondeterminism in SDL practically useful?

Subject: SDL-News: How is Nondeterminism in SDL practically useful?
From: Ajai James (ajaijames#hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 12:57:03 GMT

Dear SDL expert,

As we see SDL has ways of representing nondeterminism in the language , like Spontaneous transition, "Any" expression and non deterministic decision. These facilities are fine for representing nondeterminism while "specifying" a system. But can anyone suggest how this facility will be practically useful when we start using SDL for "designing an implementation"( ie. typically where do we use a "None" input signal or "ANY" expression or "ANY" in a decision.).

Ajai James

-----End text from "Ajai James" to sdlnews ----- For extra SDL Forum Society benefits, join at