Annual General Meeting 2018
of the SDL Forum Society
The Annual General Meeting 2018 of the SDL Forum Society was
held during the SAM2018 conference in Copenhagen, Denmark from 16:00 to 17:52
on October 15, 2018.
The meeting was held IT University of Copenhagen, Rued Langgaards Vej 7, 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark.
The business of the meeting was as follows:
- To approve the minutes of the previous AGM;
- To receive and adopt the report of the Board and the statement of accounts for the year;
- To elect the Board for the coming year;
- To elect the auditors for the coming year;
- To discuss the future operation of the Society;
- To consider any proposed resolutions from the Board or members for operation of
the Society in future, including (but not limited to) Society Events (see
http://www.sdl-forum.org/Events/index.htm), standardisation work, member
benefits and subscriptions.
The existing Board were nominated as candidates for the Board election. There were no other nominations and the Board was re-elected. The 2018-2019 Board is therefore::
- Chairman - Reinhard Gotzhein, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany;
- Treasurer – Jens Grabowski, University of Göttingen, Germany;
- Secretary – Ferhat Khendek, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada.
The following issues were considered and discussed by the meeting:
- The Society Event for 2019: it was agreed to continue co-location and collaboration with MODELS if possible and (the Board) to investigate holding a SAM2019 with MODELS 2019: alternatively if this is not practical the a stand-alone event may be held in Barcelona in 2019;
- Name for future events: it was considered to refocus Society objectives, hold SAM annually and discontinue SDL Forum as an event title.
November 9, 2018