Re: SDL-News: Priority of signals

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Priority of signals
From: Ralf Muenzenberger (Ralf.Muenzenberger#informatik.uni-erlangen.de)
Date: Thu Oct 14 1999 - 11:37:21 GMT

-----From Ralf Muenzenberger <Ralf.Muenzenberger#informatik.uni-erlangen.de> to sdlnews -----

> Dear Juan Pablo
>
> I'm afraid that it is not possible to set several priority levels when
> doing
> a PRIORITY INPUT. I think that you should try to use the "enabling
> conditions" (with the keyword "provided").
>
> Your SDL code could look like this:
> STATE idle;
> INPUT sig;
> PROVIDED is_sig_fired = FALSE;
> TASK is_sig_fired := TRUE;
> INPUT ack;
> PROVIDED is_sig_fired = TRUE;
>
> A screenshot is included to shows how you can do that with 3 or more
> signals.
>
> I hope this helps
>
> Eric

Dear Juan Pablo,

I think you need also continuous signals. For example if there istn't a signal "Sig1" in the
input queue and "order" has the value one, than the system can block.
 You need for each "enabling condition" one "continuous signal".

Have fun

    Ralf

--
I====   Ralf Muenzenberger                        Phone:  +49-9131/85-28339
M  //   University of Erlangen, IMMD 7            Fax:    +49-9131/85-27409

-----End text from Ralf Muenzenberger <Ralf.Muenzenberger#informatik.uni-erlangen.de> to sdlnews ----- Join http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm for extra SDL Forum Society benefits For help, email "majordomo#sdl-forum.org" with the body of your email as: help or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org