Annual General Meeting 2019
of the SDL Forum Society
The Annual General Meeting 2019 of the SDL Forum Society will be
held during this year's SAM conference,
which takes place
in Munich, Germany, Sep. 16-17, 2019.
It is scheduled for Monday, September 16, 2019 at 16:00 at the same venue as the SAM Conference.
The exact room will be announced at the conference.
The business of the meeting is expected to be as follows:
- To approve the minutes of the previous AGM;
- To receive and adopt the report of the Board and the statement of accounts for the year;
- To elect the Board for the coming year;
- To elect the auditors for the coming year;
- To discuss the future operation of the Society;
- To consider any proposed resolutions from the Board or members for operation of
the Society in future, including (but not limited to) Society Events (see
http://www.sdl-forum.org/Events/index.htm), standardisation work, member
benefits and subscriptions.
The following candidates are nominated for election:
- Chairman – Daniel Amyot, University of Ottawa, Canada;
- Treasurer – Reinhard Gotzhein, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany;
- Secretary – Ferhat Khendek, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada.
Before July 29th, 2019, i.e. 7 weeks before the meeting, the following resolutions have been proposed:
- Reinhard Gotzhein: “If, after the Board elections, there is no duly elected Board, the Society is to be dissolved.”
- Rick Reed: “In recognition of the years of service as Chairman of the Society, the Society resolves that the retiring Chairman, Prof. Reinhard Gotzhein, no longer has to pay annual membership fee to remain a Member of the Society and is entitled to participate in future Society events free of charge.”
All members are invited to the AGM. Only members of the Society are entitled to take part or vote at the meeting.
Ferhat Khendek (Secretary)
July 30, 2019