Annual General Meeting 2017
of the SDL Forum Society
The Annual General Meeting 2017 of the SDL Forum Society was
held during the SDL2017 conference in Budapest, Hungary from 16:45 to 17:35
on October 9, 2017.
The meeting was held in the Ericsson Office, Conference Centre, Building B., Science Park, Irinyi J. u. 4-20, Budapest.
The business of the meeting was as follows:
- To approve the minutes of the previous AGM;
- To receive and adopt the report of the Board and the statement of accounts for the year;
- To elect the Board for the coming year;
- To elect the auditors for the coming year;
- To discuss the future operation of the Society;
- To consider any proposed resolutions from the Board or members for operation of
the Society in future, including (but not limited to) Society Events (see
http://www.sdl-forum.org/Events/index.htm), standardisation work, member
benefits and subscriptions.
The existing Board were nominated as candidates for the Board election. There were no other nominations and the Board was re-elected. The 2017-2018 Board is therefore::
- Chairman - Reinhard Gotzhein, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany;
- Treasurer – Jens Grabowski, University of Göttingen, Germany;
- Secretary – Ferhat Khendek, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada.
The following issues were considered and discussed by the meeting:
- SAM2018: it was agreed to continue co-location MODELS if possible and (the Board) to investigate this with MODELS 2018 organizers;
- SDL2019: different ideas was discussed about the number of submissions, like having special issues, the perception of a conference focusing mainly in Telecommunications, its position among related conferences;
November 6, 2017