Re: SDL-News: priority in SDL

Subject: Re: SDL-News: priority in SDL
From: Nikolai Mansurov (nick#ispras.ru)
Date: Mon Aug 02 1999 - 10:13:29 GMT

-----From Nikolai Mansurov <nick#ispras.ru> to sdlnews -----

Hello all,

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Nathalie Cossement wrote:

> The originator of this message is responsible for its content.
> -----From Nathalie Cossement <Nathalie.Cossement#esat.kuleuven.ac.be> to sdlnews -----
>

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to SDL and I have a question related to continuous signals which
> some of you experts can probably answer right away. A continuous signal
> contains a boolean expression and can be optionally followed by a
> priority clause. Can this priority be dynamic or must it be static? To
> pose the question differently, is something like
>
> state S
> provided ready
> priority I
>
> allowed, where I is an Integer variable indicating the priority ?

No, this is not allowed.

Priorities in continuous signals are completely static. The value of the
priority is specified by an Integer literal (e.g. 1,2,3). This means that
variables can not be used. The lowest value indicates continuous signal
having the highest priority. A non-deterministic choice is made between
continuous signals with same priority.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Nikolai Mansurov

-----End text from Nikolai Mansurov <nick#ispras.ru> to sdlnews -----
Join http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm for extra SDL Forum Society benefits
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org