Re: SDL-News: Signal processing

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Signal processing
From: Dagbjørn Nogva (dagbjorn#telox.no)
Date: Fri Jan 29 1999 - 11:57:27 GMT

-----From =?iso-8859-1?Q?Dagbj=F8rn?= Nogva <dagbjorn#telox.no> to sdlnews -----

Hello Dmitri,

According to Z.100 (the SDL Recommendation), a signal is simply discarded
if it is sent to a PId that is terminated or the PId terminates while the signal
retains in the PId's input port (queue).

As far as Z.100 is concerned this situation doesn't cause an error. In real
life it will depend on the actual implementation of the virtual SDL machine
upon the PIds execute. I know that SDT's Master Library issues a dynamic
error (if enabled) when such a situation occurs.

Regards,
Dagbjørn Nogva
Telox AS

Dmitri Sotnikov wrote:

> The originator of this message is responsible for its content.
> -----From Dmitri Sotnikov <mitia#iname.com> to sdlnews -----
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if SDL defines what happens to a signal when its
> addressee is terminated? Does it cause an error?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Dmitri
>
> -----End text from Dmitri Sotnikov <mitia#iname.com> to sdlnews -----
> For help, email "majordomo#sdl-forum.org" with the body of your email as:
> help
> or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org

-----End text from =?iso-8859-1?Q?Dagbj=F8rn?= Nogva <dagbjorn#telox.no> to sdlnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org