Re: SDL-News: How to share variables among processes?

Subject: Re: SDL-News: How to share variables among processes?
From: Dagbjorn Nogva (Dagbjorn.Nogva#ericsson.no)
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 06:48:59 GMT

-----From Dagbjorn Nogva <Dagbjorn.Nogva#ericsson.no> to sdlnews -----

Hello Gary,

I would like to complement Elie Cohen's excellent answer with an
alternative way of sharing variables. Not exactly what you asked for but
you may want to consider it.

If it's feasible in your system, you could model P1 and P2 as services
S1 and S2 contained in a process P. Variables defined in P may then
be accessed (read/write) by both S1 and S2. Because services in a
process execute in an alternating manner, there is no danger of getting
inconsistent data values.

I would like to add that services have a major disadvantage which is
their signal sets that have to be disjoint.

Hope this helped.

Dagbjørn Nogva
Telox AS <dagbjorn#telox.no>

Garfield wrote:

> The originator of this message is responsible for its content.
> -----From "Garfield" <garfield#ms.chttl.com.tw> to sdlnews -----
>
> Hi,
>
> How to share variables among SDL processes?
> For example, if variables are defined in process P1,
> and process P2 wants to read and write those variables.
> How can I do it? (except for EXPORTED/IMPORTED mechanism)
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Gary Chen
>
> -----End text from "Garfield" <garfield#ms.chttl.com.tw> to sdlnews -----
> For help, email "majordomo#sdl-forum.org" with the body of your email as:
> help
> or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org

-----End text from Dagbjorn Nogva <Dagbjorn.Nogva#ericsson.no> to sdlnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org