Re: SDL-News: random number gen

Subject: Re: SDL-News: random number gen
From: tariq aslam (tariq#erg.abdn.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 26 1998 - 09:03:01 GMT

-----From tariq aslam <tariq#erg.abdn.ac.uk> to sdlnews -----

Dear Mohmmad,

Telelogic support random number. It has number of in built function to genrate
variety of random number. Just mame it and you would get it!!!!!!!!!!!

TARIQ

Mohamed Ashour wrote:

> As far I know most of the Formal description techniques and tools
> spciatly SDL do not support random number generators (build in functions)
> becuase they cause state space explosion in the vrification phase. Some
> tools support the difinition of probability of events (as an annotation to
> SDL) but it is not in the SDL standers
>
> On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, oliver wrote:
>
> > The originator of this message is responsible for its content.
> > -----From oliver <oliver_nash#cs.ucc.ie> to sdlnews -----
> >
> > Hi Tariq,
> > yes I did use ANY succesfully, but for simulation it requires the user to
> > supply the value in answer to the decision each time ANY is encountered.
> >
> > I am using (probably badly) Telelogic SDT 3.1.
> >
> > Oliver
> >

> > >What tool are you using?
> > >
> > >You can use ANY construct if you just want to specify the random action?
> > >
> > >TARIQ

> > **********Email oliver_nash#cs.ucc.ie ************
> > Oliver Nash
> > Computer Science Department
> > University College
> > Cork
> > Ireland
> >

> > -----End text from oliver <oliver_nash#cs.ucc.ie> to sdlnews -----
> > For help, email "majordomo#sdl-forum.org" with the body of your email as:
> > help
> > or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org

-----End text from tariq aslam <tariq#erg.abdn.ac.uk> to sdlnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org