RE: SDL-News: Communication b/w process instances

Subject: RE: SDL-News: Communication b/w process instances
From: gopalvr (gopalvr#future.futsoft.com)
Date: Wed Jul 01 1998 - 23:34:00 GMT

-----From gopalvr <gopalvr#future.futsoft.com> to sdlnews -----

Hello Guru,
The answer is both Yes and No. This is so because, the parent process
need not route all the signals (messages) from the Instances, but it
should do the following at startup (After the child process Instances are
created).
The Parent process should send the process ID of Instance1 to the Process
Instance2 and that of Instance2 to Process Instance1. After this has been
done by the parent process, the individual Process Instances know the
PIDs of the other instance with which it wants to communicate.

Regards
Rajagopal
FutureSoftware Pvt Ltd
Chennai