Re: SDL-News: Interface in SDL

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Interface in SDL
dagbjorn#telox.no
Date: Fri May 08 1998 - 15:32:12 GMT

-----From dagbjorn#telox.no to sdlnews -----

Hello Yannick,

There is no such thing as interfaces in current version of SDL.
But, I know there is some ongoing work in this area by the ITU study group
maintaining the SDL language (Q6/SG10).

The new language concept which is planned for SDL-2000 is called gate types.
As far as I know gate types shall match some of the concepts found
in CORBA IDL/TINA ODL which currently are not supported by SDL, mainly
objects and interfaces. This will make it easier to map an IDL
specification to SDL which is strong on behaviour specification.

I'm not sure if the study group is considering UML interfaces in their
work, but as far as I know interfaces in UML, IDL and also Java are
pretty much the same thing!?

Cheers,
Dagbjoern

> -----From YJ1 <Y.Jan#bton.ac.uk> to sdlnews -----
>
> Hi everyone,
> I would be interested by knowing what are interfaces in SDL (what is it,
> what is the concept, the purpose...).
> How would you compare it with interfaces in UML?
>
> Thanks for any clues...
> Yannick.
>
> -----End text from YJ1 <Y.Jan#bton.ac.uk> to sdlnews -----
> For help, email "majordomo#sdl-forum.org" with the body of your email as:
> help
> or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org

Dagbjoern Nogva
Telox A/S, PO Box 67, N-1361 Billingstad, Norway
Phone: +47 66 98 25 18
Fax: +47 66 98 25 28
E-mail: dagbjorn#telox.no
WWW: http://www.telox.no

-----End text from dagbjorn#telox.no to sdlnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org