Re: SDL-News: Exported Variables

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Exported Variables
From: Anders Olsen (anders#tdr.dk )
Date: Tue Dec 16 1997 - 09:47:00 GMT

-----From anders#tdr.dk (Anders Olsen) to sdlnews -----

Dear Martin, Rick
To me, the use of remote variables should not be consistent with
resolving by context, as remote variables never are solved by context
(they never occurs in expressions). Rather, it should be consistent with
other usage of remote variables. Therefore, I think that the main
text of Z.100 should be changed.

writing

dcl exported var integer;

should be a shorthand for

dcl exported var as var integer;

Since the 'as clause' is solved purely by the normal visibility rules, it should be
the same if the remote variable is derived from the variable name.

Regards Anders

-----End text from anders#tdr.dk (Anders Olsen) to sdlnews -----
or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org