Re: SDL-News: transition atomicity in SDL

Subject: Re: SDL-News: transition atomicity in SDL
munhoz#cpqd.br
Date: Wed Apr 23 1997 - 09:11:38 GMT

-----From munhoz#cpqd.br (Flavia Andrea Munhoz V. da Silva) to sdlnews
-----

---

Anders Ek wrote:

About tool implementations of the interleaving semantics of SDL.

I don't know how other verification tools work but the SDT Validator

allows the user to define wether he would like the tool to explore all

interleavings or to use the scheduling policy that the stand-alone SDT

application kernel would use.

Regards

Anders

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

Anders, I would like to ask you : what is the tool stop criteria for validation

in case that the user choose it to explore all interleavings ? It seems to me that

this may looks like the "exaustive test" in some not too much complex systems,

in the sense of how much effort it would take to run. Another question: does the

SDT Validator have any process that register each run ? It if does, is it possible

to repeat one special run, based on this register ?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards,

Flavia

Flavia Andrea M. V. da Silva - TELEBRAS R&D Center

Phone: (+55) 019-789-6622

Fax: (+55) 019-789-6331

munhoz#cpqd.br

http://www.cpqd.br

-----End text from munhoz#cpqd.br (Flavia Andrea Munhoz V. da Silva) to sdlnews -----

or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org