Re: SDL-News: Gates and Block Substructure

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Gates and Block Substructure
doldi.laurent#wanadoo.fr
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 21:15:11 GMT

-----From doldi.laurent#wanadoo.fr to sdlnews -----

Dear Jose,

 From "SDL Illustrated" page 25 : actually in SDL
92/96, when you create a block inside another
block, most SDL tools insert a hidden block
substructure. What you see is a block inside
another block. Forget block substructures (and
they have been deleted from SDL 2000).

It would help if you could tell us what tool you are using.

Best regards,
Laurent Doldi.

At 20:16 14/11/2005, Jose Marķa Parra Sageras wrote:
>Become an SDL Forum Society member
><http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>
>The originator of this message is responsible for its content.
>-----From
>=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jose_Mar=EDa_Parra_Sageras?=
><jospar#rest.tel.uva.es> to sdlnews -----
>
>Dear Sir or Madam
>
>I am developing a program (in SDL-92) that
>requires a substructure inside the definition of
>a Block Type. I have a doubt about the use of gates in this case.
>
>In my particular programming context, there is a
>Block Type definition that only contents a block
>substructure. Inside the substructure there are
>several channels connecting some blocks with the
>substructure environment. I have defined the
>gates I need in the block type boundary (I
>cannot do this in the block substructure) and I
>have specified the name of the appropriate gate
>in the substructure boundary (as I am supposed
>to do) in order to connect each channel with the
>block type environment but it does not work.
>
>Is that all correct or it is needed any other
>element? I have look some book but noone tell
>anything apart from what I am doing.
>
>I should be grateful for your taking into
>consideration my doubt. I look forward to await your replay in due course.
>

>Yours faithfully,
>
>Jose M. Parra-Sageras
>--End text from
>=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jose_Mar=EDa_Parra_Sageras?=
><jospar#rest.tel.uva.es> to sdlnews ---
>For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at
><http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>
>For help, email "majordomo#sdl-forum.org" with the body of your email as:
> help
>or (iff this does not answer your question) email: owner-sdlnews#sdl-forum.org

Laurent DOLDI
Books: "UML 2 Illustrated", "SDL Illustrated"
see http://www.tmso-systems.com
TransMeth Sud-Ouest
27, av. Segoffin 31400 TOULOUSE - FRANCE
Tel.: +33 5 61 25 59 54 Fax: +33 5 61 25 82 17
Mobile: +33 6 80 26 62 31

--End text from doldi.laurent#wanadoo.fr to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>