SDL-News: Timers again

Subject: SDL-News: Timers again
KEMoss6#aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 18:06:52 GMT

Hello all

This time I'll try to state the problem more explicitly.

If I have simple process consisting of:
1 the start symbol
2 A declaration of variable 'num' of type duration
3 A decaration of a time ts
4 A state fin

The the SDL tool is quite happy. If however I change the type of 'num' to
real it gets upset and gives the error message " Expression is not of expected
data type time or the argument type(s) are wrong. This is despite duration iself
being of type real. How do I convert a real number to a duration? Well that
would solve it.

Keith Moss

Hello all

This time I'll try to state the problem more explicitly.

If I have simple process consisting of:
1     the start symbol
2     A declaration of variable 'num' of type duration
3     A decaration of a time ts
4      A state fin

The the SDL tool is quite happy. If however I change the type of 'num' to real it gets upset and gives the error message " Expression is not of expected data type time or the argument type(s) are wrong. This is despite duration iself being of type real. How do I convert a real number to a duration? Well that would solve it.

Keith Moss
--End text from KEMoss6#aol.com to sdlnews --- For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at