SDL-News: PDU parseing in SDL

Subject: SDL-News: PDU parseing in SDL
livelonger#sohu.com
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 05:21:53 GMT

-----From <livelonger#sohu.com> to sdlnews -----

Hi ,everyone
    I have a problem in establishing a SDL model of a protocol . As we all know ,the PDUs in a protocol maybe in all kind of formats ,discriminated by a protoocol discriminator . The PDUs are enclosed in a primitive ,such as a DATA primitive . If the entity receives the primitive, it determines the format of the PDU by the discriminitor . Then the problem comes : All the signals in SDL have predefined parameter ,namely the PDU format . Then how to express the parsing process ?
   Thanks for answering me .
   Best regard .

              yours steven
              2004-02-29
--End text from <livelonger#sohu.com> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>