SDL-News: Flushing Signals using SAVE

Subject: SDL-News: Flushing Signals using SAVE
From: Anthony Weber (weberaa#worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 14:31:44 GMT

The empty queue signal that I referred to in my earlier email is also called
the continuous signal, which does have a lower priority than any other
signal in the queue. Therefore, it won't be serviced until the queue is
empty. Also, because the RestartSig is saved, this signal will not be
considered in the queue for the continuous signal to be serviced. I've
attached an example for anyone who's interested.

The first case shows that the first Sig2 that arrives after the ResetSig()
will get serviced, and all other signals that arrive before ResetSig will
get discarded. The second case shows the use of the continuous signal:

In this example, all signals that arrive after Sig1 until the after the
queue is emptied will be discarded except for the saved ResetSig.

Anthony A. Weber

STEDEK Software

331 N. High Pointe Ct.

Roselle, IL 60172

Cell: 847-910-6674

The empty queue signal that I referred to in my earlier email is also called the continuous signal, which does have a lower priority than any other signal in the queue.  Therefore, it won&##8217;t be serviced until the queue is empty.  Also, because the RestartSig is saved, this signal will not be considered in the queue for the continuous signal to be serviced.  I&##8217;ve attached an example for anyone who&##8217;s interested.