SDL-News: RE: [SDLTF-Members] Flushing the SAVEd signals (forwarded by Rick Reed)

Subject: SDL-News: RE: [SDLTF-Members] Flushing the SAVEd signals (forwarded by Rick Reed)
From: Rick Reed TSE (rickreed#tseng.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 12:38:54 GMT

-----From Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews -----

From: Anthony Weber <weberaa#worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:50:51 -0600
To: <members#sdl-task-force.org>
Cc: <rickreed#tseng.co.uk>, <sdlnews#sdl-forum.org>
Subject: RE: [SDLTF-Members] Flushing the SAVEd signals

Hi,

I've tried to register for the task force, but haven't gotten an indication
that registration was successful yet. However, I would like to submit a
case wherein save is really the most straight-forward means of
implementation:

Process receives a shutdown signal.
It transitions to a state wherein it needs to flush all signals that it
receives except for a restart signal, then either react to the restart or
wait for it.

So, in the shutdown state, it receives and discards '*' signals, saves
restart, and uses the empty queue signal (provided: < true >) to react to
the queue and transition to a state wherein it can react to the received or
about to be received restart signal.

Thanks,
Tony

Anthony A. Weber
STEDEK Software
331 N. High Pointe Ct.
Roselle, IL 60172
Cell: 847-910-6674

--End text from Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>