SDL-News: SDL Task Force to Jens: Example of why save is needed please...

Subject: SDL-News: SDL Task Force to Jens: Example of why save is needed please...
From: William H. Skelton (W.Skelton#SOLINET.com)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 02:00:03 GMT

-----From "William H. Skelton" <W.Skelton#SOLINET.com> to sdlnews -----

Dear Jens (& others not on the task force mailing list),

The save discussion is still ongoing at the task force (with a surprising
amount of activity actually); if you didn't register you may not be on the
distribution list. Rick and I can forward your request, but we are not the
contact persons, there is a web-site at www.SDL-Task-Force.org.

I expect one of our task force administration colleagues will add your name
now anyway, but if you don't see anything from us please register!

The answer to your email (and others) was in effect please take one example
from your 53 cases, if you have a moment, and let us know why it couldn't
be better handled with a queue based on 'sequence of' plus relevant operators.

If you didn't see previous comments on the task force, a limitation with
save has been identified that you can't flush saved signals without losing
new arrivals of the same signal. Your comments about how your application
avoided this problem would be appreciated.

Looking forward to your comments to the task force... :-)

William

For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>