RE: SDL-News: Creating a librari in Telelogic TAU suite

Subject: RE: SDL-News: Creating a librari in Telelogic TAU suite
From: Y Giridhar Appaji Nag (Giridhar.Nag#ubinetics.co.in)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 09:55:36 GMT

-----From Y Giridhar Appaji Nag <Giridhar.Nag#ubinetics.co.in> to sdlnews -----

Luís Baía wrote:
> replace TCP in a OS. My idea is that I need to build a lib so that
> any application that wants to use this transport protocol would link

> then generate code. The problem is that I can only generate
> executable code linked with the Telelogic run-time kernel.

Not necessarily, in-order to generate the executable binary, first the
source files are generated. And then, these source files are compiled
and linked with the Teleogic kernels.

> This is not what I want.

> Is there any way to handle this, or a more general question, what is
> the normal methodology when one has a similar problem?

You can design your state machines and the protocol system in SDL and
generate the C code, create a library out of the generated C Code and
(depending on the license restrictions of the) distribute that library
and/or the C code along with it.

Is this what you want to do?

        Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag               http://www.pratapgarh.com/appaji

Not that long disease, my life, but that long convalescence, my life. The liberal-bourgeois revision, the illusion of improvement, the poison of hope - Herzog

********************************************************************** The information contained in this email and any attachments is likely to be confidential and legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient named above only. Any copying, dissemination, disclosure of or use of this email or its attachments unless authorised by us is prohibited, except that you may forward this email and/or attachments to a third party on a strict "need to know" basis.

If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the email or by calling +91-80-2297030. Please then delete this email and any full or partial copies of it.

You as the intended recipient must be aware and accept that emailis not a totally secure communications medium.

Although we have taken all reasonable steps to make sure this email and any attachments are free from viruses, we do not (to the extent permitted by law) accept any liability whatsoever for any virus infection and/or compromise of security caused by this email and any attachment.

No contract may be formed or documents served by you on or with us by this email or any attachments unless expressly agreed otherwise by us.

Any views expressed in this email or attachments by an individual are not necessarily those of UbiNetics India (Private) Limited.

--End text from Y Giridhar Appaji Nag <Giridhar.Nag#ubinetics.co.in> to sdlnews --- For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>