Re: SDL-News: Tau Validator locks up

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Tau Validator locks up
doldi.laurent#wanadoo.fr
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 07:09:04 GMT

-----From doldi.laurent#wanadoo.fr to sdlnews -----

Hello Christian,

At first view, it looks like a bug in Tau. Try to change
the exploration settings (hash table size etc.), or to
remove parts in your model and see how it reacts in the
Validator.
Also try the exhaustive mode.

Regards,
Laurent.

<http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>
>-----From "Christian Fluegel" <christian.fluegel#email.de> to sdlnews -----
>Hello!
>
>I am currently working on a SDL Specification of moderate size (> 100
Pages). I use the Telelogic Tau Development Suite (4.4 Patchlevel 6 on
Windows 2000) and its corresponding tools simulator and validator to test
and validate my system.

>After my latest modifications to the spec the validator locks up during
bitspace explorations. It looks like an infinite loop. No new states and
Transitions are produced no reports are generated and the validator doesn't
respond to user input. The only way to stop the validator is by killing it
in the task manager. The effect is reproducable and always occurs after a
specific number of generated system states so i assume that there is a bug
in my system specification. Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce
similar behaviour in the simulator.

>memory usage is not critical There is still more than 75% free.
>
>Has anybody encountered something similar and could offer help. Is there a
way to discern which system state leads to this behaviour? is it a bug in Tau?

>Regards
>Christian
>--End text from "Christian Fluegel" <christian.fluegel#email.de> to
sdlnews ---

Laurent DOLDI
Books: SDL Illustrated (2001)
       Validation of Communications Systems with SDL (2003)
       see http://perso.wanadoo.fr/doldi/sdl
TransMeth Sud-Ouest
27, av. Segoffin 31400 TOULOUSE FRANCE
Tel.: +33 5 61 25 59 54 Fax: +33 5 61 25 82 17
Mobile: +33 6 80 26 62 31
--End text from doldi.laurent#wanadoo.fr to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>