RE: SDL-News: is it possible sending signal like C/C++ struct?

Subject: RE: SDL-News: is it possible sending signal like C/C++ struct?
From: DUBOIS Fabrice FTRD/DTL/LAN (fabrice.dubois#rd.francetelecom.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 08:02:03 GMT

-----From "DUBOIS Fabrice FTRD/DTL/LAN" <fabrice.dubois#rd.francetelecom.com> to sdlnews -----

Hello,

You can just define your signal with several attributes, like :

        SIGNAL s (Integer, Boolean, Charstring, MyPersonalDatatype);

where for instance you can define (in ASN.1 here):

        MyPersonalDatatype ::= SEQUENCE {
                x Real,
                y Real
        };

and sending is done with the OUTPUT construct, like:

        OUTPUT s(145, true, "Hi all!", { x 2.5, y 5.99 });

So you may combine in a single signal multiple parameters or/and a
single parameter that is structured itself.

Cheers,
Fabrcie