Re: SDL-News: Code Generator

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Code Generator
From: Rick Reed TSE (rickreed#tseng.co.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 15:37:30 GMT

-----From Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews -----

RESUBMITTED BY RICK REED BECAUSE jose#erdcitvm.org NOT a LIST MEMBER
> From: "Jose P Devassy" <jose#erdcitvm.org>
> To: "Klein, Tony" <kleint#nextnetwireless.com>, <sdlnews#sdl-forum.org>
> Subject: Re: SDL-news: Code Generator
> Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 19:23:50 +0530

Dear Tony,

I have not used Cinderella so I am not sure about the convenience of the
tool. However I have been using Telelogic Tau for more than 2 years now.
It is true that the code generator is expensive but it is really convenient.
I must admit that, though initially we had some problem in adjusting to the
generated code, now I feel that we made a very good decision in deciding to
go for automatic code generation. We use it for complex protocol stack
implementation in embedded systems. Only word of caution is, remember that
excess use of signals, processes etc ( though appears to be convenient),
might turn out to be expensive from performance angle.

Warm regards

Jose
Jose P. Devassy
Broadcast & Communication Group
ER&DCI, Trivandrum,
India www.erdcitvm.org

--End text from Rick Reed TSE <rickreed#tseng.co.uk> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>