SDL-News: Spontaneous Transition

Subject: SDL-News: Spontaneous Transition
From: mokhtar Nibouche (mok_3001#yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 22:14:20 GMT

Hi Folks,

I am a bit confused with spontaneous transitions (NONE). Suppose a state with both normal transition and spontaneous one. Suppose a signal is ready for consumption for normal transition, what will happen?? Would the normal transition take place, or the spontaneous one?? What if the normal transition signal is not at the top of the input queue?? or what if it is not in the queue at all???

I assume that spontaneous transition has priority over continuous signal, right?

Thanks in advance for helping...