RE: SDL-News: SDL and OMG / UML

Subject: RE: SDL-News: SDL and OMG / UML
thomas.hjelm#telelogic.com
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 13:02:41 GMT

-----From thomas.hjelm#telelogic.com to sdlnews -----

Tim,

I work as the product manager of the SDL Suite at Telelogic, and I can
assure you that SDL is in no way 'out of the running'.

On the contrary, SDL is one of the important inputs into the standardization
of UML 2.0 (have a look at www.u2-partners.org) and Telelogic is very active
in this work as is many corporations that use SDL (see for example
www.telelogic.com/news/2001/010821uml2-eng.pdf or
http://www.telelogic.com/products/tau/languages/uml_sdl/faq.cfm or some of
the many articles on our web site explaining how UML and SDL come together).

Furthermore, we expect SDL to also evolve and adapt itself more to UML, a
process which was already started with SDL-2000 where the ITU Z.109 standard
defines how you can use UML graphics to represent SDL constructs. In this
way, we expect that the many strengths of SDL (such as a formally defined
action language) will be available for UML users, even if UML in itself does
not provide them.

Best regards,
Thomas
Telelogic Tau 4.3 - makes requirements visible during UML development!

Thomas Hjelm Telelogic AB
Product Manager Kungsgatan 6, PO Box 4128
E-mail: Thomas.Hjelm#telelogic.com S-203 12 Malmö, SWEDEN
Tel. +46 40 17 67 69 (direct) +46 40 17 47 00 (switchboard)
Fax. +46 40 17 47 47 http://www.telelogic.com

--End text from thomas.hjelm#telelogic.com to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>