SDL-News: signal-delays

Subject: SDL-News: signal-delays
From: Patrik Kessler (pa.Ke#t-online.de )
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 09:13:40 GMT

Dear Sirs!

I have a question with respect to the signal-delays in SDL.
SDL provides signal-delays on channels.
However, the SDL-specification does not contain concrete statements describing these time durations.
Which tool has implemented this feature without supplement? The tool I know (Telelogic tau) does not generate signal-delays on channels. This means, events can take place through Timer Signals at unequivocally times (= unique time points).
And this is a contradiction to SDL. In my current project, I require solid event-times.
With the tool, this modelling would be possible. But, with SDL, this is uncorrect.
Are there any experiences with such kind of problems?

I look forward to receiving your answer.

Many regards
Patrik Kessler

Dear Sirs!

I have a question with respect to the signal-delays in SDL.
SDL provides signal-delays on channels.
However, the SDL-specification does not contain concrete statements describing these time durations.
Which tool has implemented this feature without supplement? The tool I know (Telelogic tau) does not generate signal-delays on channels. This  means, events can take place through Timer Signals at unequivocally times (= unique time points).
And this is a contradiction to SDL. In my current project, I require solid event-times.
With the tool, this modelling would be possible. But, with SDL, this is uncorrect.
Are there any experiences with such kind of problems?

I look forward to receiving your answer.

Many  regards
Patrik Kessler

--End text from pa.Ke#t-online.de (Patrik Kessler) to sdlnews --- For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at