Re: SDL-News: Analysis!!

Subject: Re: SDL-News: Analysis!!
From: Y. Giridhar Appaji Nag (yganag#yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 11:03:02 GMT

-----From "=?iso-8859-1?q?Y.=20Giridhar=20Appaji=20Nag?=" <yganag#yahoo.com> to sdlnews -----

Hello,

> >I have a Question. If we make a
> >small change in a procedure, do we need to do analysis
> >for the entire system ? Is there any way to do
> >analysis
> >only for the procedure page we made the change ??
> >It will be very nice if I get the answer to this
> >question.

Well I guess it all depends on what you mean by "analysis". If you are
using Telelogic Tau I don't think you can do partial analysis. If you
change the return value of the procedure then all the places that it is
being called need to be checked. You need a full SDL system or a full
block for analysis.

-hth,
Giridhar

=====
Y. Giridhar Appaji Nag I hate quotations,