SDL-News: RPC in package using newtype from process type in same package

Subject: SDL-News: RPC in package using newtype from process type in same package
From: Tim Brockwell (tim#cotacocreek.com)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 21:49:48 GMT

-----From "Tim Brockwell" <tim#cotacocreek.com> to sdlnews -----

Example:
------------------------------
package x;
    process type pt1<newtype data_t>;

    /*Exported procedure get_data is defined in pt1;returns sort data_t;*/

    remote procedure get_data;
    returns(data_t);
    /*ObjectGEODE generates error here for RPC get_data: data_t is not yet
defined.*/
endpackage;

I'm trying to avoid signal "pairs" (request/send) to achieve the "get_data"
function. Instead, I want get_data to be an RPC.

How can I define an RPC in a package when the RPC itself uses/returns a
sort/type that is parameterized by another type defined in the same package
?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Brockwell
Cotaco Creek Systems Inc.

EMAIL: tim#cotacocreek.com

--End text from "Tim Brockwell" <tim#cotacocreek.com> to sdlnews ---
For extra SDL Forum Society benefits join at <http://www.sdl-forum.org/Society/members.htm>